Friday 10 December 2010

Mini blog...

Hello crafters and an especially big hello to my new follower, Shanda of Riverside Crafts! I've finally finished and submitted my second essay so I thought I'd just do a quick blog entry before I tackle the housework. My beloved is coming to see me and I want the carpets to be free of clutter before he arrives...

I haven't done a great deal of crafting as its been assignment week on my OU course but I have managed to squeeze a little bit of card making in and even went to my Christmas Crafts class at the Courtyard on Thursday. It was the last one and we made centrepieces. I've never done any flower arranging so it was quite fun and I think it turned out quite well.



I'll only show one card in this post because I need to tidy up and if I upload all the photos I'll be here all day lol. I made an easel card for my Vocational Support Worker Kim because she's got her dream job as a social worker and we had our last appointment on Thursday. Kim is lovely and has been very encouraging the past year and I'm going to miss her. I made this card using burgundy extra thick card stock because I wanted it to be nice and sturdy. I made the easel bit in the usual way (check out YouTube if you need directions or email me) and decorated the front with Kate Knight paper, Delane Lange Epoxy Butterfly stickers and Anita's Sticky Ribbon. I highlighted parts of the paper with Rangers Platinum Stickles (£1.95, Riverside Crafts) and spelt out Kim using Making Memories Heidi white rub-ons. I curled the stems of a couple of mini roses (not sure of brand as I bought a bag of 100 from a car boot sale for £1!) and stuck them either side of the name with mini sticky pads to give them a little height. I added a 2011 mini calendar (5 for 99p, Boyes) and a pack of post-it notes on the front then made a stopper for the base and added a keyring clip pen. I made two medium sized roses using a Woodware 6 petal punch out of medium weight red cardstock then sprayed them both with Cosmic Shimmer Ancient Copper spray (£2.99 from Riverside Crafts) and once dry I attached them with a pop-up glue dot. I wiped around the easel stopper with the residue of the cosmic spray mainly cos I didn't want to waste it and it gave a subtle shimmer to the piece that I really like. I felt it needed something else and found some gold embossed vellum leaves (Riverside Crafts) which I curled slightly to add dimension then I slid them part way under the roses and used a pop up glue dot to adhere them to the card. I really like this card and if it wasn't for the fact I'd put Kim's name on it I might have been tempted to keep it for myself lol. I've made two more post-it easels but they are totally different to this one, it's amazing how much a change of colour for the cardstock and using different designer papers can make to this simple but effective design. I'll be posting the other easel cards at a later date and also some of the Christmas cards I've made this week.

Please feel free to leave comments and if you have any questions email me through this site or my You Tube channel Thewoowoogirl. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting! ttfn Sarah aka woo woo girl xx

1 comment:

  1. Centrepiece is great - id love to do flower arranging and a cake decorating course lol Ill give anything a go lol!! As always the easil desk card is fab!!

    ReplyDelete