Saturday 18 June 2011

The continuing adventures of the fat controller and his wife....




Hello fellow crafters and welcome to my crafting corner! I took Mr & Mrs F Controller to a meeting and was told by a "friend" that they looked like the wooden tops!!! I've chosen to ignore this and have now mounted them onto 3 card circles ready to be put on top of the cake in 12 weeks time - I'd chew my nails nervously at this point but I've got stop and grow on them and they taste gross which is the point I suppose. I've had to crack on with the cake topper because of some rather good news Chris and I had early this week - we've been offered a two bedroom flat in Bridlington which we've accepted! This means that as well as getting all the things ready for the wedding and there is still a lot to do,  I've also got to pack my current flat up, help decorate the new flat and  move within the next month lol I'm beginning to wish I hadn't decided to stop biting my nails this week!

Back to Mr & Mrs F C - as you can see from the photos at the top of this blog I have mounted them onto a central 3" circle of patterned silver card and then overlapped that onto two 3" circles of pale blue card. I edged the silver card with self adhesive pale blue crystals approximately a cm apart. I punched out 7 small butterflies using a woodware punch and after folding the wings up fixed one onto the groom's hat. I then took 8 silver ribbon mini roses and snipped off their stems before fixing them onto the edges of the pale blue circles at a regular interval using hot glue I then curled the stems of a further two silver roses and fixed them near the back of the circles again using hot glue. I tucked the ends of the curled stems under the silver card and on the top of the curls I glued 3 punched out butterflies onto each stem using PVA glue. I'm really pleased with how it's turned out and I think it'll be an unusual and unique wedding cake topper.

Well thank you for taking the time to read this blog, I hope you've enjoyed reading about what I've been up to       and I hope to share more of my crafty adventures with you soon. Happy crafting! Big hugs Sarah aka woo woo girl xxx

2 comments:

  1. They look fab on the toppers they are going to look fab when the are on the cake :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cake toppers are FANTASTIC!! I loved reading your commentary on the "Fat Controller and his Wife" and all you've gone through in making these delightful people.

    This is the first time I've see anyone make people from quilled papers and I must say you have done it very well. No matter what that person said about them. She is just jealous they won't be on HER cake :-)

    I had to laugh at your nail biting cure :-o I hope it does work for you. With all you have coming up you might have to find tooth picks to chew on in place of your nails, lol :-)

    Well done girl!! Be proud of what you have created!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete