Thursday 31 March 2011

Hello fellow crafters, welcome to my crafty corner! Today was the final session of the craft course I've been doing and we made a mosiac. I really enjoyed making mine and at times it felt like doing a jigsaw puzzle trying to slot the pieces of broken tile in to the spaces.


As you can see I've still to grout it before it's finished but it needs 24 hours drying time for the PVA glue before I can tackle the grouting. I'm quite pleased with how it's turned out even in it's unfinished state. The photo doesn't do the colours justice as some of the tile pieces has glitter embedded in them or a shimmer to them. Because it's made with cut glass tiles I've even included some mirror and clear pieces to it which I think gives it a different look to just using opaque tiles.


It's Mother's Day here in the UK on Sunday so I've made a couple of cards that I'd like to share. The first is a birthday card for my future Mother in law, it's her birthday on Saturday. I thought she'd like this rather cute bear easel card. The bears come naked! lol and I dressed her in a pink sailor costume and hat as my future MIL lives near the sea, I would have liked to have made her a card with mice on as she collects ones similar to Joanna Sheen's House Mouse but unfortunately I haven't anything mouse themed in my stash and now that Riverside Craft has closed there's nowhere in Goole that sells J.S. products (big sigh). Anyway back to the card.... The bears have matching sentiments so I used a pink spotted Happy Birthday as the stopper for the easel card. I covered the card base with blue paper then fringed some green paper to make the grass, I ruckled it up with my finger to give it a bit of dimension then added the dressed bear. A simple card but I think Denise will like it.

This next card is also for Denise but it's a Mother's day card. I found some funky dory decoupage flowers which I made up using foam pads then I put it on a pearlised card base and added a purple ribbon tied in a bow - it looks like the ribbon is tied round the stems which I like. I finished the card off with a silver Dovecraft peel off.

well that's all the crafting I've done so far - I'm going to make a Mother's card for my own mum which I'll try and post tomorrow. I hope you've enjoyed reading about my latest projects and if you have any questions or comments then pls leave me a message.

Happy crafting! Sarah aka woo woo girl xxxx

2 comments:

  1. Love the bear card. She is so cute :-) I'm sure your "Future" MIL will have a smile on her face when she sees it. Your beautiful, and thoughtful, Mother's Day card, also for your F-MIL will tug at her heart and hope wrap you with a big hug. It is beautiful.

    Love your mosaic piece done at the craft class. I like the colors you've picked as the borders and the heart. Glass is so beautiful to use in this kind of a project, in my opinion, because of the light refraction properties of the glass. Good job :-)
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Sarah you are a dab hand at anything you try xx

    ReplyDelete