Thursday 10 March 2011

Better late then never.....

Hmmm not doing too well on this blogging thing, was hoping to at least blog weekly but somehow I've never seem to find a spare half hour to sit down and just write, so a big sorry to all my loyal readers out there and also a wave or two to my secret followers lol.  Sometime soon I'm going to blog about the closure of my favourite shop in Goole - Riverside Crafts (Shanda you are missed already) but today I just want to leave a quick blog on a card I made today at a craft course I've been doing since January.

The above photo is of  a twisted easel card and it is really simple to make. First of all I cut some card down to 14cm by 28cm then scored it in half to make a square card blank then I scored one half diagonally to make a triangle shape - this forms the twisted mechanism. With a second piece of card I made the easel upright part by cutting it to a 14cm by 14cm square which I stuck to the triangle shaped folded card making sure it was on the right way (it's hard to explain in words but there are tutorial videos on YouTube) I then cut some striped pattern paper approximately 5mm smaller than my blank (13.5cm by 13.5cm) and fixed this to the card front using double sided tape. I then cut another card square this time in blue which measures approximately 12.5cm by 12.5cm and decorated it using peel offs in gold I placed a butterfly "foamie" in the centre of the peel offs and foiled it in gold then mounted the entire piece centrally on the stripey paper. I then added smaller butterfly "foamies" and foiled those also in gold. To make the easel stopper I punched out 3 hearts from card, covered them in ink and embossing powder then heat set them before mounting them with foam pads upon the base. To finish the card I added another large butterfly "foamie" to the bottom right-hand corner and foiled it in gold. Like all easel cards this one folds flat for posting.

I really enjoyed making this card and will probably make a couple more for Mothering Sunday (3rd April). I hope you've found this blog interesting and as always if you have any questions just leave a comment below. Happy crafting - and I'll try not to leave it so long between blogs! Sarah aka woo woo girl xxxx

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back!! Twisted Easil card! never heard of these sounds little tricky but I am going to give it a go xx Love the butterflies on your card they cute. Thanks for the reminder on mothers day cards :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card. Love all the gilded butterflies :-) Really pretty card you've created and it so makes me think of Spring. Ahhhhhhh.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete